Built on the same solid platform as our roll-in proofers, the roll-in retarder proofer (LRPR) models also incorporate the PID computer controls but with the addition of a 24-hour timer that automatically takes your product from frozen to proofed, or anywhere in between. Add that labor saving feature to the lower cost to own, and you save big.
Roll-in Retarder Proofer
We have a solution to your bakery needs with our standard duty, roll-in retarder proofer.
Retarder/proofers improve productivity and quality in baking breads. The LBC retarder/proofer makes the process of proofing easy and consistent, keeping uniform temperatures throughout the racks and even constant airflow, while adding the versatility of retarding in the same space.
Durable, Reliable, Easy-T0-Use
LBC retarder/proofers are built with durable components, reliable easy-to-use controls and factory designed and built refrigeration systems.
We offer two performance packages, our standard models designed for “bake-off” or per-mixed frozen products and our High Output (HO) models designed for large operations and for “Green Dough” or scratch mixed bakeries.
All LRPR model retarder proofers, whether high output or standard, incorporate refrigeration systems designed and sized to provide just the right amount of cooling BTU’s to conserve energy without sacrificing performance.
Epoxy coated coils ensure that the evaporation system will not succumb to the harsh chemical environment associated with fermentation.
Use our sizing guide to select a model that best suits your baker operation.
- Full Insulated Cam Lock Construction
- Single Door, Double Door
- Air Wash Humidity System
- Epoxy Coated Evaporation Coils and Installation kits
- PID Computer Controls
- 208/240 VAC Single or 3-phase
- Stainless steel walls are injected with high-strength foam. Panels connect together with high-strength cam-type stainless steel locks.
- Roof panels screw to the top of the wall system with lag screws.
- Doors are hung on large stainless steel hinges
- Walls and doors are protected by polyethylene bumpers.
Reliable climatizer system
- Three fast-heating stainless steel elements
- Large high-flow water injection nozzle for reduced maintenance
- Full-flow fan keeps a high volume of air flowing to minimize hot spots and keep the climatizer cool.
- Available water treatment system that can successfully treat most water conditions for up to 6 months.
Accurate fast acting controls
- Controls are mounted on the door so that they are easy to access
- Combined temperature and humidity sensor is positioned to react to door openings and anticipate quick changes in temperature and humidity
- Unique sensor fan system keeps proofer air moving across the sensor all the time to keep it clean and accurate.
- Pre-settable for automatic retard-proof-ready operation.
Factory designed refrigeration systems
- Refrigeration systems under 12,000 BTU’s are factory assembled and pre-charged for simpler installation (no refrigeration tech required)
- Systems utilize R404a, Ozone friendly refrigerant
- CO2 systems available on some models.
- Heavy duty stainless steel exterior with 300 Series stainless steel interior and aluminized steel top
- Walls Ceilings and door are foam insulated
- Modular wall and ceiling panels with cam lock construction
- Rapid responding air-wash heat and humidity system
- High capacity refrigeration system with epoxy coated evaporator coils
- 208/240 VAC single or 3-phase power, field convertible
- Optional remote condensers
- R404A Refrigeration
- Dual purpose, provides both proofing and retarding
- 70 – 120 Degree F proofing range
- 34 – 45 Degree F retarding Range
- 50 – 99% humidity range
- Non-submerged calrod type heaters
- Evaporators sized for high humidity levels, prevents drying
- Interior bumpers protect interior walls from damage
- Lighted interior
- All digital controls mounted in the door at eye-level
- PID Type controls for rapid accurate response without overshoot
- Operate in individual modes or automatic mode
- Digital set Temperature, Humidity, Time
- Real-Time clock
- Installed in the door at eye-level
- Large LED displays
Options & Accessories
- Refrigeration Condenser; Requires separate connection
- Stainless Steel Floor